HAIR REMOVAL : WHAT TO EXPECT
Hair grows in 3 stages: Anagen, Catagen and Telogen. Hair can only be destroyed in the Anagen (growing stage) phase.
● The average time between treatments i s normally 3-4 weeks. Some individuals have a shorter growing stage so treatment is recommended between 2-3 weeks.
● As the Aerolase Neo Laser removes unwanted hair it simultaneously treats ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
● It may take a few treatments before you see results as hair begins to come back slower and sparser.
● It may take up to 12 visits to obtain clearance depending on the area being treated, skin and hair color, and especially the fluctuation of hormones.
● Laser hair removal with the Aerolase Neo i s not painless but it is very tolerable and doesn’t require a topical analgesic for comfort.
● Please do not shave before a treatment. With the Aerolase Neo a “stubble” is required.
● The process is quick. Most treatments take under 20 minutes.
● Do not wax, tweeze or bleach the area being lasered. It will impede the process.
● There i s no downtime. You can immediately shower, shave and resume your normal routine.
● Do not sunbathe for a week after a treatment.
● You can have a treatment with a tan, the laser settings can be adjusted.
● The Aerolase Neo is compatible with any skin tone but not every hair color. Light blonde, red and white hairs do not respond to laser treatments.
● Don’t expect 100% clearance. On average we all have 100,00 hairs per square inch. There is always a chance new hairs will activate due to fluctuating hormones.
● You cannot have a laser treatment if you are taking photosensitive medication, including antibiotics and Retinol A. Medication or topicals must stop 2 weeks before a treatment.
Prior to your first visit, whether for laser hair removal or an aesthetic treatment, you need to avoid direct sun exposure for at least a week. If you have tanned, please advise us so that we can adjust the settings of the laser.
If you experience any swelling or redness after a treatment a cool compress will alleviate your discomfort. Avoid sunbathing for 1 week.